Friday, May 24, 2013

Caroline Baird 1843

Very exciting news to tell all of you-- I have a new sampler pattern released for your enjoyment.  May I introduce to you Caroline Baird!
 The verse reads:
Religion
How sweetly on yon tranquil stream
The setting sun imprints his ray;
Which back reflects the saffron beam
And glows when it has passed away.

More sweetly far when death draws nigh
Religion casts her soothing light
Sheds on the spirits opening eye
Her hues immortal pure and bright

I have chosen Lakeside Linen Vintage Autumn Gold along with a beautiful array of hand-dyed silks.  Also included is a DMC conversion and the stitch count is 240 x 230.  I know she will be stunning on a variety of linen colors and I look forward to progress pics!
 
Have a fantastic Memorial Weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beuatiful sampler - I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it on the Attic's newsletter this morning! it's on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sampler! I love, love, love flowers and have been looking a long time for a sampler with enough flowers to satisfy me. It has a Berlin feel to it also that I like.

    ReplyDelete